Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Half way through week 6

So, look at all the snow. This is just crazy, it leaves me to fantasize about living some where warm. Some where I can go out side without putting a jacket and gloves and boots on, that being rain or snow gear. Some where that my bones don't hurt when the temperature drops. well, only in my dreams it seems. Anyways, last monday I went to the oral surgeon and he took my splint off. Wow, getting it off was amazing. It opened to door to SO many new adventures of eating. Without it in I had 2mm more room, just enough room to fit a tooth brush in to brush the backs of the top teeth. 2mm also aloud for a little more food choices, like bread, fries, forks. So yes, I have now graduated to a fork, hahaha little steps I know. At the surgeons office he gave me some stretches to do, after I heat it up. So I am very glad that my mom was able to get the very last heat wrap made by Kim Gladman from the yellow honey house christmas fair. Yes, it is the perfect size to wrap from one ear to the other, warming my whole jaw. Heat does help, after it is heated, I can open my mouth significantly wider. Amazing :) So, thursday I went to the orthodontist and he changed the wires and gave me a new way to wear my elastics, annoying yes, but worth it in the end I guess. While I was there I asked him when I get these lovely braces off. Hahaha, yes, I'm just about finished with them. The mom at preschool that also had braces, got hers off before christmas, not fair I say, she only had them on for 6 months. Geez, something about that does not sound fair to me. Anyways, He said summer! Oh my, that could mean anything, summer is 3 months long. Well I'm hoping for June. June sounds good, that would be just over 6 months after surgery, so it's only fair. And my cousin is getting married at the end of July, and I definitely want them off before then! Just saying, I know it's not my wedding, but it's good to have goals to work towards :) So on that note, be safe and enjoy the snow. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment