Friday, January 27, 2012

The start of week 8


Week 8 is off to a good start, well I can't complain thats for sure. I can now fit 2 fingers into my mouth, and I have a great long list of items to eat now. Still mainly soft things, like pasta, chicken and bread. Not too many veggies, even when cooked they are too tough to chew or bite, so I do sometimes eat SOUP to get the veggies in. The thought of soup is boring to me, but if I didn't do that I would probably turn into a carbohydrate. Well that or a yam. Hahaha they get nice and soft when baked in the oven and are SOOOOO tasty with some spices and olive oil,probably my favourite thing to eat right now. The swelling in my face remains in my cheeks and through out the day it descends from the cheek to my lower jaw. Its is minimal, but you can still see it. My smile is not too lop sided any more, and my teeth touch in the back now!!! So Ifinally have a pretty normal bite! It's wonderful. There is still numbness to my upper lip and bottom part of my cheeks, but can't complain, there is no more pain! So to celebrate this new found acceptance of myself I took a picture and posted it for the world to see. I do have my glasses on int he picture, as I think my face looks better with them on. I know it sounds crazy, just go with it. hahaha my brain may perceive things differently than others :)Also to celebrate, Annie and I got our ears pierced. You may be thinking, what!!! you don't have them pierced. It is true, I went almost 29 years with no holes in my ears, and now I have 2 in each each! hahaha What got into me you say, well I thought "if I survived jaw surgery I can do anything"! and it's true. The whole piercing part didn't hurt at all. I'm not gonna lie, the whole way to the mall and sitting in the chair I was so sick to my stomach, and when the 2 ladies where standing there ready to shoot the gun, I didn't know if I was gonna faint or throw up. None of the 2 happened, instead I replied "that was it, hahaha that didn't hurt at all, I will forsure get the second onenow"! so thats how it happened. Now something magical happens when I look in the mirror, no matter what I'm wearing I see a pretty lady! I know, your thinking, ah weirdo, but it's true, earrings change you, they change your overall look. Even if you are all grubbed out in sweats and a hoodie they make you feel like your put together and ready for anything, or any random stranger that may knock on your door. On that note, enjoy your weekend and put some earrings in those empty wholes of yours and be ready for anything. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment