Thursday, December 22, 2011

3 weeks past

The beautiful gingerbread house Micheal made

It has been 3 weeks since I had jaw surgery. I can now say that I have retired my syringe to the drawer, as I can eat my soup with a spoon and drink my drinks with a cup! Woohoo, things are looking up. I still have swelling, the left side is more swollen than the right. It's weird, I look lopsided. the left side is also more numb than the right so when I smile, it looks like I had a stroke or bels palsy. Kinda crazy! One more thing to add to the plate of discomfort is that my face is breaking out. Which is weird, cause my face is never like this. It is filled with red sore bumps every where, which isn't fun cause my face skin already hurts to touch. yucky :( I don't really know what thats about, maybe my diet of soup and yogurt drinks. It could be all the dairy I have been drinking, I normally stay away from dairy, well besides cheese. I LOVE cheese. What ever the case, it better go away soon. Anyways, I can almost open my mouth wide enough to fit my pinky finger, hahaha which doesn't seem like much, but it is improvement for sure. As for eating mashed potatoes at Christmas, it might not happen, but my Micheal's mom is making me some pumpkin curry soup for me, which sounds yummy. And my mom is making strawberry mousse (she got aunty Connie's recipe), mmmmmm so yummy! Aunty Connie makes the best strawberry mousse. Hopefully I can get it though the opening in my mouth. I'll find a way, I know it :) As for being ready for Christmas, we finally are! Micheal helped me finish wrapping all the gifts, and He bought hooks to hang our new stockings on. I finished up the last of the shopping yesterday, and I bought the boys some cute shirts to wear to church on christmas eve, and hopefully to some after christmas parties too! They are gonna look so handsome, I'll try and take some pictures of them all dressed up. As for me, no pictures till I'm good and healed. Maybe I'll do a before and after type photo montage. So tomorrow the christmas festivities begin. It is Christmas eve with my family, where we will watch movies and eat yummy snacks, well not me, but the others will. Merry Christmas every one! See you after the holidays :) xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment