Saturday, November 26, 2011

Day 24 - Snow day


Today I went snowboarding for the first time in a long time. I was nervous going up the lift, I was nervous before getting off the lift, but I didn't fall when getting off the lift and I made it down the mountain in one piece. The first run was crazy and scary, so annie and I decided to try out the green circle run, and we loved it! We wanted to stay on that run all day, but we were talked into trying another one that was NOT good. well it was fine, but the chair lift was scary. It was windy and snowy, and long, very long. A good thing that came from the long ride is we met a nice girl from from Australia, well how weird is that, seems like every one on the mountain is from Australia. We shared our secrets as we weren't sure we were gonna make it to the top of the mountain. Yes, it was a huge snow storm, very scary!
Lets just say I was glad Micheal had bought me a cool striped face mask during our bathroom break. It kept my face nice and warm during the storm :) Obviously we made it to the top and we made it back the the house, cause I am writing this post. Anyways, lets just say the day wouldn't be over without an embarrassing moment, that I'm sure everyone on the mountain witnessed. It probably would have scored lots of hits on you-tube if someone happened to be filming the chair lift at the time. All i'm gonna say is, I blame Micheal. I always get on the chairlift on the left side. Thats just my thing, I know how to get on and off like a pro on the left. But Micheal likes to change it up, which was not to my advantage. It was the talk of the house when we got back. Micheal's dad said it was the funniest thing he had ever seen, and I couldn't stop laughing. So anyways, when we got back to the house my precious little baby was waiting for me. He missed me :) which made me feel so special. I haven't left him for a whole day since the summer. What a cute little boy I have. And no I did not get a pic of him in his cute snowsuit yet, wasn't home all day. Maybe tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow, I'm not sure how much I will be doing as I am super tired and sore already! This is the only time I wish there was a hot tub. Normally I hate getting wet and a swimsuit on. Was happy that there is instant heat here. All 6 of us could have nice warm/hot showers:) I'm off to bed, could hardly keep my eyes open during dinner. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment