Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 7- sweet and sour


So, I was finally stumped on what to write about today, so I decided to share my favourite recipe. It is so delicious, we have it at least every second week. It is one of the meals that I actually cook myself, i'm so proud :)
Sweet and sour chicken skewers:
ingredients:
chicken breast
zucchini, cut into large chunks
can of pineapple chunks
red onion, cut into large chunks
red pepper, cut into large chunks
1 Tbsp maple syrup
3 Tbsp ketchup
1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp red wine vinager
1 tsp hot sauce
salt and pepper
skewers
last week I added mushrooms, which were pretty yummy if your into that sort of thing :)

How to make them:
1)Thread chicken, fruit and veggies onto the skewers and season with salt and pepper
2) In a bowl mix the wet ingredients together, and set half of the glaze to the side.
3) brush the skewers with the glaze .
4) Grill until lightly charred and chicken is cooked through, about 4 mins on each side, then use a clean brush to coat with the extra sauce.

I serve mine up with rice and firecracker green beans :)
Enjoy, xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment